- Alpaca fibre is soft, fine and lustrous
- Alpaca fibre is warm yet light to wear
- Alpaca is one of the strongest natural fibres, second only to silk
- The fibre grows continuously, and an alpaca will produce 2-4 kilos per year.
- There are 22 natural shades of alpaca, from white through shades of grey to black, and from cream through shades of fawn and chestnut to chocolate brown
- Alpaca fibre can be spun by hand or machine and will take both natural and synthetic dyes
- Alpaca is a luxury fibre.